Friday, January 23, 2009

Very Funny Friday...


It's not a far jump from blogger to carnie, apparently. so here I go, I'm going to try Sue's carnival from http://borrowedlight.blogspot.com.

You can laugh, at me, right here since it's obvious I don't know how to seamlessly add the link into my blog post.

Or you can choose to torture yourself further and see if this is a Very Funny Friday, or just "Something I Thought Was Funny on Thursday":

I went to dinner with my 5 cousins last night. They are like sisters to me, and our times together are always filled with laughter -- the kind of laughter that makes you cry, and snort.

Last night was a celebration of sorts. A ta-ta ta-tas party we called it since one cousin is going in for a breast reduction on Monday. And while she's at it a quick tummy tuck, really just so she's proportioned -- I mean who wants perky boobs and a baby gut?

On her home calendar she writes "teeth surgery". Here's the ensuing conversation between she and her 16-year-old son:

Son: "What are you having done again"

Mom: "I am having my breast reduced (audible gasp and cringe from son) and a tummy tuck"

Son: "What's a tummy tuck?"

Mom: "It's when they suction all the fat out"

Son: "So when it's over, will you be taller?"

Mom: "Um. Taller? No, I won't be taller, I'll just be thinner."

Son: "I don't understand how you won't be taller."

Mom: "I don't understand what makes you think I'll be taller..."

Maybe you had to be there, but I just thought that was guffaw-worthy...and if you didn't, how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBYjM7nMoA

That makes me guffaw, and boost my self-confidence.

3 comments:

  1. I have an aunt that just lost a bunch of wieght -like probably a hundred pounds, and she suddenly has become quite a bit taller -so I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure a tummy talk could make you LOOK taller. Maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO funny! I don't even know what to say to that, except it made me laugh out loud! Great post!

    ReplyDelete