Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a Little Bit Country, I'm a Little Bit Rock N Roll...

So I suffer from split blog personality. Haven't heard of it? The medical term is blogophrenia, and I am a sufferer.

I read hysterically funny mom blogs, ones that make me laugh out loud. I think, hey, I'm funny. Yet I can't seem to come up with a funny post.

I read very spiritual mom blogs, ones that inspire me. I think, hey, I'm spiritual. Yet I have nothing to inspire my reader (yes, that's singular on purpose).

I read fabulous mom blogs that remind me how much I cherish this time with my children. I think, hey, I'm a good mom. Yet I have no clever way to share my parenting advice, if it's even worth sharing. Then I think hey, I've used the word 'hey' far too many times for one blog post.

Then there's the blogs that I can't compete with at all -- those of very crafty moms who can recover a chair, while scrapbooking. I have scrapbook stuff, and chairs, but that's as close as I come. And the blogs of mom's who love to cook and are very good at it (that's you my one blog reader). I have trouble with boxed brownies.

But I like all these things, and I try them all in real life! Is that enough -- to try to be funny, spiritual, clever, crafty and a good cook...or should I stick with one thing and make it my own?

Maybe for 2009 I will work on liking and appreciating my blog self just as I am -- a little bit country, and a little bit rock n roll, and a little bit r&b, and a little bit gospel, and a little bit adult alternative...

2 comments:

  1. It's the combination of ALL of your "musical" talents that make you so much fun to be with. I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am a crafty-cooking-whatever-else dilettante. A jack of all trades and a master of none, if you will...

    Nice to meet you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete