Friday, September 18, 2009

Letters & Binkies...

Well, my faithful reader(s), I'm back. You may be wondering where I've been all this time, but I can't tell you because then I'd have to kill you. Or you could just assume that nothing exciting has happened since Chris Martin was sweating on me. Go with your gut on that one.

I should be posting about the end of summer nostalgia, or having my youngest child in pre-school, leaving me with 2 mornings of childless quiet and laundry. But, no, I'm moving on to more monumental happenings.
My mom came to visit this week, meaning big things would happen. My mom is able to accomplish all those tasks that I am too emotionally and physically drained to do myself, even though they do fall under my job title as "mother". Usually these include jobs like organizing, or putting off-season clothes away, or even (gasp) cleaning out the fridge.
This week though, we went monumental. Mom decided to...(drumroll)...

Teach my four year old the alphabet
Wean said four year old from pacifier
Here's the standings...
We can now spell our name and identify most of the letters:

These are in the trash:

And we're riding around on these new wheels "purchased" (used, of course) with the pacifiers:


I put my mom on the train this morning and miss her already. Luckily I'll see her Sunday...maybe she'll help me put the summer clothes away and prepare for fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment