Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful...and Mutilated Chocolate

First of all, thank you to all of blogosphere for talking me off the ledge with my 7yo. I appreciate your kinds words, suggestions, and book recommendations. I took all of the advice, and although he doesn't have the Legos back yet, he's definitely been watching his behavior. I have been able to point out, calmly, each time he starts to fall back into the "I don't care" yelling mode, and I say, "this is the type of thing that has to stop before you get the Legos back". So far so good, thank you all again!

So, on to bigger and better parenting problems, specifically those associated with being a holiday superhero.

Knowing that today was the last day of school before break, and knowing that the Easter Bunny would not want to take 5 kids "shopping" for Easter candy, I did it yesterday. Shopped for all the Easter necessities and candy needed, and just stuffed into the back of the minivan. Where it sat until this afternoon, when it suddenly dawned on me that it was warm. For the first time in like a gajillion days, it was sunny...you know where I'm going with this, don't you...




Just in case the photo isn't clear, I did not purchase mutilated bunnies with sunken eyes. The good news is, I'm not a waster, so I'll have to eat the chocolate myself. Bummer!!

5 comments:

  1. Yup, definitely a silver lining to that misfortune, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give this melted, mutalated bunny to your 7 year old and tell him the Easter Bunny is watching him, just like Santa. I'm only half joking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing out loud and wondering when we can drink wine and eat mutilated chocolate bunnies together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should give these bunnies to the kids, and let them know that sometimes God makes "differently-abled" bunnies, but that doesn't make them any less yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing! I was able to smuggle the candy into the house, but I haven't had a chance to check on it without little eyes around me. So I'm not sure what the bunny will be leaving our little ones, but it may be a little strange looking! Oh well, I'll just tell them the easter bunny came to our house via the equator and some of the chocolate didn't do so well.

    ReplyDelete